- Ideally, images should have no text on them at all.
- If images do have text, keep the text to a minimum (less than 20% of image). Facebook does not allow text-heavy images in promoted posts, and may not approve your post.
- When possible, show places people will recognize.
- If the image is a location, it should ideally be easy for the general public to recognize.
- Images should be high-resolution.
- Use direct questions, especially if comments are the goal. Asking a question in the post can increase participation in the comments.
- Keep text brief, and use language that conveys why this would be important to the average person.
- The limit on the number of characters is 63,206 characters. However, we'd recommend keeping it closer to 40-50 with an image.
Note: Facebook may reject your post if the image has more than 20% text, or if the post's text is longer than 63,206 characters.